3rd international symposium on sustainable low carbon Asia research and policy dialogue, Johor Bahru, Malaysia
■ Date: 9 July 2012
■ Venue: The Puteri Pacific Hotel, Johor Bahru, Malaysia
– Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)-Centre for Innovative Planning and Development
– Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA)
– Kyoto University
– Okayama University
– National Institute for Environmental Studies (NIES)
– LCS-RNet Secretariat/IGES
– Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
-Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
This symposium aimed at establishing a research network among researchers by offering a platform to share knowledge and experience in low carbon studies, building capacity with Asian governmental agencies, as well as promoting policy dialogues between researchers and policy makers.
A low carbon ASEAN dialogue session was incorporated in this symposium where representatives from Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia and Japan presented their findings, knowledge and experience on low carbon research, and implementation in their respective local context. Through knowledge and information sharing, the research capacity in Asian region was expected to be strengthened, thus providing strong research-based input to policy making.